Private Roads

If you have received a wayleave request
from us, this means that there is part of our
network design that falls within your land
boundaries. This could be to deliver service
to a neighbour or to unlock an entire
section of a town or city.

What is a wayleave

A wayleave is an agreement between the freeholder and a supplier, in this case Netomnia. This gives the supplier the right to access the property and carry out pre agreed works to install the supplier's infrastructure. The Wayleave also allows the supplier to maintain the infrastructure under prior notice to the freeholder.

Why is access required to your land?

At Netomnia, we are a full fibre broadband network operator. We are rolling out a full fibre network across the entire UK.

To facilitate the build of our network, we will need access to your land, whether to maintain existing infrastructure or install new equipment.

In some cases, we may identify a requirement to lay new infrastructure on land that hasn't been adopted or that falls outside of the adopted land boundaries. In these instances, we will require a land access or full land wayleave agreement.

What's the
difference between
land access and full
land wayleave

Netomnia - Landowners/Private Roads

Land access agreements are required where there is existing infrastructure on private land that we need to access to, to install our network.

These are short-form documents as the work involved is usually minor and consists of affixing apparatus to existing poles or feeding cables through existing chambers.

Netomnia - Landowners/Private Roads

Land wayleave agreements are needed to install new infrastructure on private land, e.g., the installation of a new pole or chamber to act as a distribution point for our network.

These are slightly longer documents, outlining full clauses for reinstatement, maintenance and notice of works.

When would access
be permitted?

Once signed, access is permitted immediately.

We would only visit when maintenance or implementation is required however, we always try our best to keep these to a minimum to minimise disruption.

What needs to happen next?

The next steps will be for you to reach out to our team at to have any of your questions addressed.

It is important that access is granted as quickly as possible to serve full fibre broadband to the local communities.